GHG Corporation has a unique opportunity for a Crary Lab Analyst on the Antarctic Services Contract. The contract operates and maintains the United States' facilities in Antarctica, which supports scientific research activities being undertaken by the United States Antarctic Program. This enables the success of science programs in Antarctica through sustaining logistics and supporting infrastructures at permanent stations, remote field camps, laboratory facilities, and on research vessels. Work for this position will be performed within the United States in Centennial, CO during the Antarctic winters and at the McMurdo station, Antarctica during the summers.
- The candidate will design, develop, install, implement, conduct research for and maintain internal data processing computer systems and utilities.
- Analyze grantees' needs and provide support for hardware/software integration
- Determine equipment and software requirements
- Develop customized solutions
- Establish system parameters and formats
- Ensure hardware/software compatibility
- Coordinate user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities
- Maintain supplied software packages for internal users
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent and/or related experience
- At least 5 years applicable experience
- Be able to adapt to and evaluate new and emerging technologies
- Experience with multiple database management systems and languages
- Experience with hardware & software integration
- Working knowledge of Apple, Microsoft, Linux, Sun Solaris operating systems
- Experience working at the Antarctica, a plus
Special Circumstances & Requirements:
- Deployment to Antarctica during the austral summer (approximately from October through February) is required in this position at the discretion of management. If required the individual must successfully pass the physical and dental exams required by the National Science Foundation before deploying to Antarctica.
- Position located in Centennial, CO when not deployed
- Must have current US Passport or able to obtain by June 2012